You know that feeling that something is wrong… But you can't quite put your finger on what it is….

Free Guitar Blueprints

by The Village Idiot

Vintage Guitar Building plans are as ubiquitous on the Internet as they are inaccurate.

Guitar PDF Blue Prints

I went on a hunt a while back for accurate ’59 Les Paul Blue Prints and what a nightmare that was… At any rate I eventually purchased a set and I had the opportunity to compare them to a real deal ‘1958, 1959, 1960 Gibson Les Paul Standard Guitar… Okay so the plans I bought were worth the money.

In the course of that  hunt (and what a fiasco it was) I also tripped on some Free plans published under a Creative Commons Licence and I was able to compare these plans to the plans I purchased as well as a couple of other Real Deal guitars. And here I will share them with you:

This is just some of what I have found.  More templates, blue prints and plans will be made available here in due course as I check them for accuracy and use licence.

PDF Guitar Blue Prints -  Creative Commons Licenced

PDF Guitar Blue Prints – Creative Commons Licenced

These Blue Prints are being made available here for academic non commercial use only.

Single front view plan for a 50’s Les Paul that is pretty damn accurate.

VIEW & DOWNLOAD PDF:  ’50s Les Paul Blue Print PDF

Les Paul Special Double Cut Plans PDF

VIEW & DOWNLOAD PDF: Les Paul Special DC Blue Print

Measurements and drawing carefully compared to Gibson EDS 1275 Double Neck SG

VIEW & DOWNLOAD PDF: EDS 1275 Double Neck SG

dot 335

Gibson ES-335 Dot

VIEW & DOWNLOAD PDF: Dot 335

12 Responses to “Free Guitar Blueprints”

1. Dave says:

Hey, I tried to download and print the 50’s les paul plans but for some stupid (me) reason, only one section of the plans actually prints out, the center of the guitar at the neck/body joint? can you help me please…Thanks, Dave

• Dave,

You’ve got me on that one but I’m going to guess it has something to do with the scaling in the printer settings?

Just in case you are trying to print from the file online: Save the PDF to your computer and then try to print it…

So says “The Village Idiot” For what it’s worth.

2. Sinster says:

Not getting the full print of the 50’s Les Paul. I was able to download the front view.

3. gayan says:

wow thank for the guitar plans

4. Tom says:

I downloaded a zip full of guitar plans, and printed out a Jazzmaster plan. The PDF only prints out what will fit on a single page, and what you get is whichever part is showing on the screen. SO:

You need to print four pages, each containing all of one corner of the body. Then you’ll be taping them together to get one big picture.

Some printers maybe can print the whole image, in whole or in parts, but this is the simplest way. Just make very sure your sheets line up perfectly.

5. reik says:

Hey, how about SG Standard guitar plans? Do you have one?

6. pselliott says:

Concerning the printing of this file, contact a blueprint business locally and ask them to print it. They have very large printers (and PDF shouldn’t be a problem at all) and can usually print these plans on 3′ x 4′ pieces of white paper for very, very little money. I have had both astronomy maps and R/C airplane plans done for under 1.50 per sheet. Hope this helps!
    pse

7. Joe Wynne says:

Do you have any Violin Blueprints?

8. Dmootz says:

The 1950’s les paul pdf only gives me the front view. is this purposeful or am i doing something wrong?

9. navneet Mhatre. says:

thanks for providing guitar plane very helpful for me.